Sunday, January 29, 2012

fraaandship!



So here I am, on yet another Sunday that seems to come and go like the trucks on the national highway in India. They just ride along and people along the highway hardly even notice them. Sundays are something like that too, hardly noticed nowadays.And as my good friend Nisha rightly predicted,  I end up getting up early morning and thinking what to do. I finally end up with a novel in the loo to help me pass time. Oh before you go all “eeeewww!!”, don’t think I don’t I know you’ve done that too. After all, having a long relaxing loo-trip is indeed a luxury for all working people. ‘Sheesh!’ you say? Well, I say “just wait till you start working pal…and then you’ll know what I am talking about!!”.

Another weekend, another AMC12 trip, another movie. Watched ‘The Grey’ yesterday. Liam Neeson packs in a power-packed performance as always. Intense movie but I would’ve wanted a better ending than the current one. The movie still manages to hold  your attention till the last moment and which is precisely why the ending could’ve been better.  Ok..so enough movie talk for this blog. I am sorry, it’s just that I’ve been watching so many new movies (one every weekend…compared to the 3 movies I watched in Rolla during my entire three-semester stay there! ) that I just had to share something about at least one of them.

I wanted to write a deeply-thought out blog this time but I guess I won’t be doing that. Don’t have the patience for that today. Maybe next time. So I’ll be pretty much just ranting about foolish, and small things that I’ve come across in the recent past. Kindly adjust. I would, at this point warn you that this particular blog is just going to waste your time..but then, which previous blog of mine hasn’t?! hehehehehe. *No I won’t use LOL for that, I am against using LOL. I prefer the much more realistic laughter*

kind of sums it up :)
The other day I was having a conversation with my best friend Mr.Lee (his real name is something else but I like calling him Mr.Lee on my blogs…and in case you are wondering, No, he’s not a chinki. He’s as Indian as you can ever get). So, it was our typical conversation with us tripping over each other at every available chance, taking dirty jabs at each other over and over again, to the point that neither of us have any more derogatory things to say for each other.
That’s when I realized that the foundation of our friendship was on these very highly idiotic conversations. These very brainless and insult-filled conversations that we shared is what makes us best friends. I really can’t have such conversations with any other human in the world, chiefly because I cannot insult people like the way I can with mr.Lee.

Friendship isn’t created. It just happens. A chance encounter with a fellow newbie in class can turn into one of the strongest and humbling relations you can have with  another human. For me, friendship is about bitching about my best friend to my best friend and then the next instant talking about how cool the latest movie was. It’s about being as spontaneous as that damn chicken that suddenly becomes possessed and tries to cross a road when you are driving down at top speed.

This one’s to all those people who know that no matter what they do, they’ll always have one person in the world who will take their side – their best friend!

Peace!

1 comment:

nisha nagarajan said...

awwwwww :) :)
i know what you mean. that camaraderie that you have with that one person, the kind of laughter that incites, the moments spent together that you know you will always cherish (ok im a lil sappy here, but you get my point). That one person who can take on the role/place of 5 other friends. I know what you mean. :) cheers to you and mr. lee. may you always be weird and your friendship always be strong :)